- 3 medium/large zucchinis, cut in half length wise
- *1 cup pasta sauce, marinara or salsa (no added sugars)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- *6-7 ounces shredded chicken, cooked
- *2-3 ounces Mexican cheese blend ~ 3/4 cup
- optional toppings: olives, green onions, avocado
- *subsitutions provided below
- spoon for de-seeded
- large baking sheet or 9 x 12 casserole dish
- Preheat oven to 450F
- De-seed the zucchinis leaving room to stuff them.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of pasta sauce on each zucchini. Then sprinkle a couple of pinches of taco seasoning. Divide the shredded chicken and cheese evenly on the zucchinis.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes until cheese is melted or toppings are hot.
- Top with olives, green onions, avocado, etc.
- I used Rao’s marinara because it is lower in carbs and doesn’t have any added sugars.
- For a vegan-friendly boat: sub the chicken for ground plant-based “meat”, black beans or Spanish rice.
- I used a dairy-free Mexican blend shredded cheese, but you can use any meltable cheese on hand.
Approximately 360 calories per serving (no additional toppings)
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving sizes.
Ketogenic, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Paleo & Dairy Free Options