- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 organic zucchinis
- 1 pound all natural ground meat of choice
- 1 cup organic marinara
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 1/4 cup pitted olives, sliced
- 9 x 13 casserole dish or baking sheet
- non-stick skillet
- parchment paper - optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut each zucchini in half horizontally along with the ends. Then scoop out the seeds with a small spoon or mellon ball scoop. Place them on a baking sheet or in a casserole dish. *Sprinkle with salt and bake for 12-15 minutes until zucchini has softened.
- While the zucchini is baking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and saute the garlic until fragrant. Add in the ground meat and cook until no longer pink. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Drain the excess liquid if needed.
- Add pizza sauce to the cooked ground meat. Mix well and set aside.
- Fill the cooked zucchini with ground meat, shredded cheese, olives and any additional toppings desired. Return them to the oven to bake until the cheese is bubbly and the toppings are hot, about 10-12 more minutes.
- Ground meat – sub for black beans, cooked quinoa or tempeh.
- Cheese – If you’re not dairy-free, feel free to use real cheese as a topping if you prefer.
- *For a faster baking time, you can skip the pre-bake and roll right into step 5. Just bump up the oven to 400 F and reduce baking time as you see fit.
Approximately 255 calories per 2 half boats (net carbs = 9 grams)
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Low Carb, Keto, Dairy Free, Gluten Free