- 1 lb. all natural chicken breast or tenders, diced into 1" pieces
- *4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, ~2 lemons
- zest of 1 lemon
- **1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice - I used organic honey organic
- 1 cup low sodium organic vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder, tapioca starch or gluten free corn starch
- 2 tbsp organic Coconut Aminos or Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Toppings: green onions or lemon slices
- large non-stick skillet or cast iron
- medium mixing bowl
- zester or grater
- Melt coconut oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken pieces to the skillet and flip every 2-3 minutes with a spatula to make sure they are evenly cooked and golden brown.
- While the chicken is cooking, grab your mixing bowl and combine the freshly squeezed juice, lemon zest, sweetener, vegetable broth, starch and aminos. Mix well to create the zesty sauce.
- Drizzle the zesty sauce over your fully cooked chicken and then turn the heat to low/simmer. Cover and cook until the sauce thickens. This should take about 5-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle green onions over chicken and serve over a bed of Jasmine Rice (as seen in picture) if it’s your workout day! If its your rest day, serve with asparagus or broccoli!
*If you really love the taste of lemon, add more freshly squeezed lemon juice & only use 1 tbsp of Honey!
**Add more sweetener if you want to cut the “bitterness” of the lemon juice.
***You can find Coconut Aminos/Braggs Liquid Aminos in the Asian Isle at Whole Foods. This is a healthy alternative for Soy Sauce.
Approximately 195 calories per serving.
(~1 fist protein, 1 thumb fat)
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients and any substitutions.