- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, tamari or braggs liquid aminos
- juice of 1 small lime
- 2 tablespoons creamy nut butter (sunflower, almond, peanut, cashew)
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (more or less for spiciness)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil - for glaze
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder or 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 8 ounces organic tempeh, cubed into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil - for cooking
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup organic carrot, shredded
- optional - 2 cups leafy greens such as kale or spinach
- optional - 4 cups cauliflower "rice"
- medium mixing bowl
- large non-stick skillet or cast iron
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients (leading up to tempeh) and mix well. The glaze should be thin and pourable. Make sure to taste and adjust as needed: adding more chili garlic sauce for spiciness, honey for sweetness, lime juice for acidity, or coconut aminos for saltiness.
- Add the cubed tempeh to the glaze and toss to coat. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for at least 15 minutes. (Time saving tip: I left mine in the refrigerator overnight!)
- Once marinated, bring a large non-skillet to medium heat and add the glazed tempeh. Reserve 1/4 of the glaze for later. Saute for 3-4 minutes until each side is browned. Don’t worry about getting a perfect “sear”. Remove the cooked tempeh and set on a plate.
- To the same skillet, add 1 teaspoon sesame oil, chopped red bell pepper and green onion and any other mixed vegetables of choice. Saute until veggies are cooked to your liking. If you are adding any leafy greens and/or rice, add now.
- Add in the cooked tempeh and the remaining glaze and stir to coat. Saute for another few minutes until everything is warmed through.
- Serve immediately or distribute into meal prep containers.
**This dish is perfect for a training day OR rest day. We are just unable to add the recipe to both categories.
Approximately 280 calories per serving (including kale and cauliflower rice)
7.8 grams Fiber
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free