- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sweet vidalia onion, diced
- 8 ounces organic sprouted tofu, drained
- *1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper
- *1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- *pinch of black salt
- medium non-stick skillet
- small mixing bowl
- Coat a non-stick with olive oil spray and bring to medium heat. Add garlic and diced onion and sauté until golden and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- While onions are sautéing, add tofu to a small bowl and crumble with your fingers. Stir in nutritional yeast, lemon juice, turmeric powder, salt and pepper (and pinch of black salt).
- Add tofu mixture to onions and cook for 2-3 more minutes, until tofu is heated all the way through.
- Serve in a wrap, skinny bagel or on toast!
- The upside to using tofu is that it doesn’t become rubbery after being re-heated! So it’s great for leftovers.
- If you don’t like the flavor of turmeric, toss it.
- Nutritional yeast can be swapped for a vegan shredded cheddar.
- If you’re not 100% vegan, you likely won’t need to purchase the black salt. Black salt gives the tofu a “yolk-like” flavor.
- If you desire a rich and creamy texture, try adding a tablespoon of vegan cream cheese.
Approximately 153 calories per serving
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Vegan, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Dairy Free