- 4 ounces chickpea or lentil pasta, measured dry
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons dairy free parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Garnishes: red pepper flakes, black pepper, more cheese
- boiling pot
- mixing bowl - optional
- Pasta: In a boiling pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Chickpea and lentil pastas normally cook between 7-8 minutes.
- Sauce: In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients, set aside. Consistency will be thick and will melt once it mixes with the warm pasta. Add more water as you see fit.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add back to the pot (low/med heat) and add sauce ingredients. Continue to stir until cheese has melted and avocado is fully incorporated.
- Serve immediately and top with more diced avocado, black pepper and cheese 🙂
- If you’re feeding a crowd, simply double the recipe.
- For leftovers, store in an airtight container up to 2 days.
- Pasta: Banza chickpea pasta (or gluten free alternative)
Approximately 300 calories per serving (garnishes not included)
~ 1 palm protein, 1 fist carbs, 1 thumb fat
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free
📸 Photo by Chef Alexia