- *2 servings vegan egg scramble
- *1 cup salsa ranchera
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil or ghee
- *6 mini "street" corn tortillas
- toppings: avocado, tomatoes, vegan cheese, red onions
- 1 large non-stick skillet
- 1 microwave safe bowl
- 1 small saucepan
- Make the tofu scramble/“juevos” and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the salsa ranchera and bring to a simmer and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the salsa has reduced and is warmed through. See below for homemade recipe.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add drained black beans, lime juice and salt. Heat black beans for 60-90 seconds until they are warmed all the way through. Option to serve whole or mashed.
- While salsa is simmering and black beans are warming, heat the oil in a large skillet. Add corn tortillas and pan-fry on each side for about 2 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. OR you can also just toss the corn tortillas in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
- To assemble, place 3 corn tortillas on each plate. Top with refried beans, juevos, salsa ranchera, and toppings of choice. Serve immediately.
Homemade Salsa Ranchera:
1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
jalapeno, seeded and diced
I used Mission mini street corn tortillas but you can also use flour or your tortilla of choice.
Approximately 300 calories per serving (toppings not included)
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free