- 1/2 cup tigernut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 small ripe banana (mashed) or 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1 egg or *flax egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- topping: 1/2 cup paleo granola
- handheld or standup mixer
- 2 mixing bowls
- Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients: tigernut flour, almond flour baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk together your wet ingredients: mashed banana, ghee, egg and vanilla extract.
- Using a paper towel, wring extra water out of the zucchini and add it into the wet mixture.
- Then add the wet ingredients to dry. Using your handheld or standup mixer, mix until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, evenly distribute the batter between 6 muffin tins and top with granola.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If you added granola, then place tin foil over the tops of the muffins to keep from browning any further and bake for another 5-8 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For more protein – add vanilla or unflavored collagen powder
For a different flavor profile, sub the zucchini for blueberries and chopped walnuts.
*Flax egg (egg substitute): mix one tablespoon ground flaxseed meal with three tablespoons of water. Mix together, and let sit in your fridge for 15 minutes to set up and thicken.
Approximately 254 calories (5.8 grams Fiber) per serving including granola
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free