- 1 - 12 oz. bag shredded brussel sprouts
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored & diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 chopped pecans
- 2 jumbo shallots, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (may sub for lite syrup, honey or stevia)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- pepper to taste
- skillet or saute pan
- 2 mixing bowls (med & large)
- plate lined with paper towel
- knife & mixing spoon or whisk
- Before using the shredded sprouts, you might want to give them an extra chop to ensure they are super thin!
- Turn skillet to med-high heat and add 1 tbsp avocado oil. Add shredded sprouts and sauté for 3-4 minutes until they have slightly softened. NOTE – you can OMIT this step if you like your Brussels sprouts served raw.
- In your larger mixing bowl, combine the prepared brussel sprouts, apple, feta and cranberries. Set aside.
- Turn skillet back on to med-high heat and add another tbsp of avocado oil. Add the shallots and fry until golden brown (approx. 1-2 minutes). Place fried shallots onto plate lined with the paper towel to drain excess oil. Set aside.
- In your smaller mixing bowl, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, syrup and mustard. Whisk until well-combined.
- When ready to serve, pour all of the dressing over the salad, add fried shallots and toss to combine!
Approximately 217 calories per serving
~1 fist carbs, 1 thumb fat
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients and substitutions.
Approved for Gluten Free, Vegetarian and Vegan lifestyles.