- 4 ounces banza chickpea pasta shells, measured dry
- 3 tablespoons eggless light mayo
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, rice wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1-2 teaspoons granular sweetener
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- medium sauce pan
- 2 mixing bowls
- Prepare pasta per directions on the box, strain and set aside. (I add olive oil to water to prevent the pasta from sticking)
- Mayo mixture: Combine eggless light mayo, vinegar, dijon mustard, ginger powder and sweetener — I started with 1 teaspoon sweetener. Add salt and pepper. Mix well (taste to adjust seasoning).
- Put cooked pasta, celery, onion and tomatoes into a bowl. Pour mayo mixture over and combine gently.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. The longer it sits, the more flavorful the dish will be!
More Protein (non-vegan): add hard-boiled egg whites or rotisserie chicken
Lower Carb: swap the pasta for cauliflower
Mayo alternatives: Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo or Vegan Mayo
Add-ins: chopped broccoli, diced carrots, chopped red bell pepper, green olives
Approximately 260 calories per serving
~ 1 palm protein, 1 fist carbs, 1 thumb fat
Calories will vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free