- 3-4 Skinless Chicken Breasts (approximately 4 oz. each)
- 1/4 cup Basil Pesto of Choice - Homemade (recipe below) or you can purchase a ready-made pesto. Take caution in purchasing a store-bought pesto as they tend to be VERY HIGH in fat and calories. *I used an Organic Artichoke Pesto from Fresh Market.
- 6-8 slices Nitrate Free Prosciutto
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1 tsp or Pepper to taste
- Cutting board
- knife, tablespoon and/or spoon
- 9 x 9" baking dish
- small bowl
- food processor - if you are making your own pesto
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On your cutting board, slice into one side of the chicken breast (with your hand lying flat on top of it). Try starting with the thicker side and be careful not to cut all the way through the chicken. You should be creating a small “pocket” for your pesto!
- Open your chicken breast and stuff with 1 tbsp of pesto. Push the pesto into the center of the breast and seal with your hand.
- Season with Pepper to your liking.
- Wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around each chicken breast. No toothpicks needed! Just wrap it tightly around the chicken and then place each breast in your coated (with Olive Oil Spray) baking dish. Its ok if they’re snug! Tuck any prosciutto underneath the breast if it fell apart.
- Drizzle Olive Oil over the tops of the chicken and cook for 30-35 minutes until chicken is fully cooked through and prosciutto is crisp!
- Serve with your favorite veggies like heirloom tomatoes or broccolini!