- 12 ounces rotisserie chicken white meat, no skin (sub for shredded chicken breast)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 cup organic red enchilada sauce
- 2-4 tablespoons diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 organic corn tortillas, diced into 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup lite mexican shredded cheese
- non-stick skillet or cast iron
- In a large skillet (12-inch), add the rotisserie chicken. Sprinkle with the cumin and oregano.
- Add the enchilada sauce, diced green chiles and water. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat for a couple of minutes to let the sauce thicken and the chicken to heat through.
- Stir in the tortilla strips making sure they are evenly coated in the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the cheese. Remove from heat and let the cheese melt from the heat (or add a lid).
- If serving immediately, add your favorite toppings. To store for meal prep, cut into 4 equal portions and store in BPA free containers.
- Because of the lower calorie content, this recipe can be enjoyed any day of the week. But if you’re planning to consume this post-workout, I would definitely recommend that you add a side of rice or black beans to give it a little more umph!
- If you’re not fond of rotisserie chicken, then you can easily substitute for shredded chicken breast or even ground meat.
- You can also go meatless and sub the chicken for black beans.
- I used organic yellow corn tortillas because they get less soggy and have fewer calories. But if you’re paleo, try Siete cassava flour tortillas. You can also reduce the quantity of tortillas.
Are corn tortillas gluten free? Today they are made from masa harina, a special type of corn flour. While it should be naturally gluten-free, there is an issue with cross-contamination with gluten during processing and packaging.
- If you’re lactose intolerant, use a dairy-free cheese and try Green Valley Creamery lactose-free sour cream.
Approximately 225 calories using white meat rotisserie chicken (not including toppings).
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Gluten free, Low Carb