- 3/4 cup unsalted creamy nut butter - almond butter, peanut butter, cashew butter or sun butter
- 1/3 cup Lakanto maple flavored syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups Nature's Path organic whole grain rice puffs
- 3.5 ounces Lilys dark chocolate baking chips
- 9 x 5 baking pan
- medium boiling pot
- Line a 9 x 5″ loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place a medium pot over low heat and add in nut butter, coconut oil, syrup and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and well combined — this should just take a few minutes.
- Next add rice puffs; stir until combined and cereal is completely coated. Pour into prepared pan, and use a spatula to flatten the top so it is even. Set aside.
- Make the chocolate topping by adding chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring in-between, until chocolate is completely melted. Option to melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat. Pour melted chocolate over the bar mixture and tilt your pan to spread the chocolate so it’s evenly coated. Place the pan in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until bars are completely cool and chocolate is melted. Save time by placing in the freezer for 15 minutes. Sprinkle bars with fancy sea salt or coconut flakes, then cut into 8 bars.
- Share and enjoy!
- Keep bars covered in the fridge for up to 1 week. Take bars out 10 minutes before you are ready to serve to ensure they are soft enough to eat.
- Reduce the calorie count by cutting into smaller squares.
- Play with the flavor profile by adding cinnamon or pumpkin spice.
- To keep the sugar to a minimum, use unsweetened (one-ingredient) rice puffs or crispy rice cereal. I found my puffs at Sprouts.
- For my non-vegans, boost the protein content by adding unflavored collagen powder! It blends wonderfully into the batch.
Approximately 255 calories per bar (~ 20 grams fiber)
~3 thumbs fat, 1 fist carbs
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Vegan, Dairy Free, Low Carb