- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened creamy peanut butter + 1 tbsp
- 1/4 cup Lakanto monk fruit sweetener
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey - optional
- 42 grams Lily’s chocolate baking chips
- large microwave-safe bowl
- small microwave-safe bowl
- 8 x 8 pan or casserole dish
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, add the peanut butter. Warm for 30-60 seconds until becomes soft and smooth (basically room temp).
- Add the Lakanto sweetener, honey (optional) and vanilla extract. Combine until smooth. (If your peanut butter is liquid at room temperature, simply mix the PB, sweetener, honey and vanilla together without warming).
- Add the oats, coconut flakes, almond flour and salt (if your PB was unsalted). The salt brings a nice balance to the mixture. Combine well.
- Spread into an 8×8” pan or casserole dish and set aside. No need to coat but you can use parchment paper if you’d like.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the Lily’s chocolate chips and 1 tbsp peanut butter in the microwave – start by heating for 30 seconds. Stir then heat in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Drizzle or spread the chocolate sauce over the bars and allow the chocolate to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. You could totally dive right in, but it would be a hot chocolatey mess.
- Cut into 16 equal pieces and serve at room temperature or cold.
- Store the remaining pieces in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge. Although they likely won’t last that long. Lol.
- If you don’t have a casserole dish, you can simply roll the batter in balls and dip in the chocolate.
- You can use any nutter butter as long as it is creamy with zero added sugars.
- For a boost of protein and nutrients add 1 scoop unflavored collagen powder.
Approximately 132 calories per bar using Lakanto sweetener
(2.8 grams Fiber, 1.6 grams sugar)
Calories may vary based on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free