- 2 teaspoons olive oil or avocado oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 4 - 4 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- veggies of choice: spinach, kale, onions, mushrooms
- 1.5 cups organic marinara
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- homemade marinara: 1 - 15 oz. can organic crushed tomatoes, 2 tsp olive oil, 1-2 tbsp oregano, 1-2 tbsp basil, 1 bay leaf
- cast iron skillet
- large plate
- medium pot
- Set oven to Broil.
- Heat skillet to medium heat and add 1 tsp avocado oil. Add the minced garlic and sauté until golden and fragrant.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Set chicken aside on extra plate and add another tsp avocado oil to the skillet. Proceed to add your veggies of choice and cook them until they are wilted. – Can omit this step if you are not adding veggies.
- Add chicken back to skillet and pour marinara over the cooked chicken.
- Top with the mozzarella and broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese has melted and is bubbly!
Homemade Marinara Directions:
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over low/medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp garlic and saute until golden and fragrant. Be careful not to burn.
- Add crushed tomatoes and all remaining spices, stir. Top with small bay leaf.
- Cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5-6 minutes.
Approximately 230 calories per serving
~ 1 fist protein, 1/4 fist carbs, 1 thumb fat
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients and substitutions.
Approved for Ketogenic, Gluten Free & Grain Free lifestyles.