- 4 slices Plain or Cinnamon Raisin Royo bread slices
- 2 large eggs (*or 1 tbsp chia seeds)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond, flax, coconut)
- 1 tablespoon Lakanto monkfruit sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- toppings - blueberries, plain yogurt, Lakanto maple syrup
- non-stick skillet
- In a shallow dish, whisk together, eggs, non-dairy milk, Lakanto sweetener, vanilla, ground cinnamon, and salt. Set aside. (*If using chia seeds, place mixture in the fridge to activate or 10-20 minutes.)
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with coconut or olive oil spray. You can also melt ½ Tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil.
- Once pan is heated, whisk your egg mixture once more then soak one slice of bread on both sides. Immediately transfer bread to preheated skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat with remaining bread/egg mixture. Option to spray pan before adding each new slice.
- Serve warm, topped with yogurt, fresh berries and Lakanto maple syrup!
- Bread – Find more Royo’s bread flavors here. You can also substitute for Ezekiel – heartier breads are better.
- Eggs – substitute for egg whites
- *Vegan – substitute eggs for 1 tbsp chia seeds and follow step 1. Then place in the refrigerator for 10-2o minutes to activate.
- Lakanto sweetener and syrup is available at Sprouts. But Costco now carries 2 lb bag of sweetener for $7.99)
Approximately 258 calories (with 1 tablespoon Lakanto)
8 grams fiber (net carbs 8 grams)
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Vegetarian, Low Carb, Dairy Free