- 1 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil
- 1 large turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 slices nitrate free bacon, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- topping: fresh parsley or green onions
- large non-stick skillet or cast iron
- Add the oil/ghee to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the turnips and spices. Cook 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in the chopped onion and sauce for 3 minutes until it starts to soften. Toss in the bacon pieces and give it good stir. Continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes until the bacon is crispy (or to your liking).
- Top with green onion and parsley before serving.
- For a boost of protein, serve alongside your favorite egg omelette or ground sausage.
- Double the recipe for a larger crowd.
- If you can find turnips with their leafy greens intact, buy them! The leafy greens are even more nutritious than the bulb.
Approximately 130 calories (using ghee).
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Approved for Ketogenic, Gluten Free and Dairy Free lifestyles.