- 3 slices nitrate free bacon
- 1 cup veggies of choice - spinach, asparagus, broccoli
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large organic eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup dairy free parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, saute the bacon until fully cooked. Add your veggie of choice (I used asparagus) and cook another minute longer, until the veggies is fork tender.
- In a large mixing bowl add the almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder. Mix with a fork to blend. Add the beaten eggs and the parmesan, mixing well. Now add the bacon and veggie mixture. Combine well.
- Using a cookie scooper, place a spoonful on the parchment. Press down slightly to even it out, not completely flatten.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until nicely browned.
Store in an air-tight contain in the fridge or freezer. It’s best re-heat them in a toaster oven (the microwave will likely make it rubbery).
If you don’t have coconut flour, you can sub for all almond flour.
If you don’t have a dairy intolerance, use fresh parmesan or shredded mozzarella.
Approximately 254 calories per 3 biscuits
~1 palm protein, 2 thumbs fat
(only 7 grams net carbs)
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Ketogenic, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free