- 8 thin cut boneless pork chops (or 4 large chops sliced in half)
- 3/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs or panko
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Nutritional yeast
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- pepper to taste
- 2 large egg whites, whisked
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- large non-stick skillet
- large mixing bowl
- medium mixing bowl
- In a medium mixing bowl, add egg whites and juice of 1 lemon. Whisk until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, add breadcrumbs, parmesan, pepper and 1 tablespoon lemon zest (use a cheese grater if you don’t have a zester).
- One piece at a time, place a chop in the egg white mixture, then coat completely in the bread crumb mixture. Set aside on parchment paper or cutting board. Repeat for all chops. You will likely have leftover breadcrumbs.
- Turn your skillet medium heat and add avocado oil. Carefully add your pork chops (4 will probably fit in the pan) and cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side. The crust should turn a beautiful golden brown color. Internal temperature should be between 145-150F. Repeat this step with the remaining pork chops.
- Serve with your favorite roasted or sautéed veggies like broccolini and peppers or add to a fresh Spinach salad.
Approximately 245 calories per serving (not including veggies)
~ 1 palm protein, 2 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Low Carb, Ketogenic, Gluten Free, Grain Free