- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener (Swerve, Stevia or Xylitol)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- baking sheet
- large mixing bowl
- optional - parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil or coconut oil spray (or use parchment paper).
- Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl: almond meal, coconut flour, coconut flakes, ginger powder, sweetener, salt and baking soda. Mix well to combine.
- Add all wet ingredients to the dry ingredients: ghee, egg, vanilla. Mix well to combine.
- Using a mini mellon ball scooper (or tablespoon measurer), roll out 10-12 small cookies and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. I removed mine at 14 minutes and they were perfectly done: firm outside, soft center.
- Swap 2 teaspoons raw honey for 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener
- Swap equal amounts grassfed butter for ghee
- For a ginger spice cookie: omit coconut flakes, add 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder and 1 teaspoon clove powder
- And if you like coconut, add 1 more tablespoon of coconut flakes
Approximately 95 calories per cookie.
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Approved for Gluten Free, Ketogenic and Dairy Free Lifestyles.