- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 3.5-4 pound boneless pork shoulder, excess fat trimmed
- 2 cups beef or chicken bone broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon powdered onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- toppings: cabbage, avocado
- for serving: tortillas of choice
- Instant Pot
- Set Instant Pot to “saute” and add the oil.
- Heat the oil then add 1/2 the pork and cook until evenly browned for about 3-4 minutes. Work in 2 batches.
- Stir in all ingredients (minus the toppings and tortillas) and mix well.
- Put the lid on, close the steam valve and select manual setting; and set time for 30 minutes.
- When finished cooking, carefully open the lid to release naturally or carefully do the quick-release according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Remove pork shoulder from the Instant Pot® and shred the meat using two forks; season with salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.
- OPTIONAL: Preheat oven to broil. Place pork onto a baking sheet and broil until crisp and crusted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Rest Days: serve in lettuce cups or cauliflower rice, add avocado
Training Days: serve with gluten-free tortillas or jasmine rice, add avocado
Approximately 280 calories per serving not including toppings or tortillas.
~ 1 palm protein, 3 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
✅Gluten Free, Paleo, Keto, Dairy Free