- 2 tbsp ghee (sub for grass-fed butter or coconut oil)
- 3 1/2 cups sweet vidalia onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cups organic celery, diced
- 1 apple, cored and chopped into 1" pieces (gala/fuji/red)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (sub for dates or raisins)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large free range eggs, lightly beaten
- large cast-iron skillet
- large mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter/ghee to a cast-iron skillet and warm over low/med heat.
- Add diced onion, celery, apple and herbs and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add the almond flour and cranberries into the cast iron and mix well.
- Then add the lightly beaten eggs to the cast iron and mix well.
- Lastly, carefully add the mixture to the cast iron. Gently mix until well-combined.
- Transfer cast iron to the oven and bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
Approximately 122 calories per serving
~1/4 fist carbs, 1 thumb fat
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients and substitutions.
Approved for Whole 30, Paleo, Gluten Free and Vegetarian lifestyles.