- *1 pound extra lean ground meat
- 2 teaspoons Taco seasoning
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa (medium heat to spicy)
- *5-ounce bag SIETE Foods grain free chips
- *1 (8-ounce) bag Mexican shredded cheese (~ 2 cups)
- 1.5 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- toppings - green onions
- *substitutions provided below
- large skillet
- 8 x 8-inch baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spoon a couple of tablespoons of salsa in the bottom of an 8×8-inch baking dish and spread over the bottom.
- Place the ground meat in a large skillet and set over medium heat. Break the ground beef into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Brown the beef for 5 minutes, then add in the taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water. Stir well, and simmer for another 2 minutes to thicken the sauce. Turn off the heat.
- Spread 1/2 the bag of Siete chips over the bottom of the baking dish. Press them down, breaking the chips, to create an even layer. Spread 1/2 of the taco meat over the broken chips. Then top with 3/4 cup black beans, 1/2 of the shredded cheese (~1 cup), and 1/2 of the salsa.
- Repeat with a second layer of the remaining pressed chips, taco meat, black beans, 3/4 cup of shredded cheese, and salsa. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheese over the top to cover the other ingredients.
- Bake for 25+ minutes, until the cheese is melted and the chips around the edges are very crisp. Sprinkle the top with chopped green onions or scallions. Cut the taco lasagna into 8 squares and serve warm!
- Vegan alternatives for chicken include Beyond Meat Beyond Beef, jackfruit, or lentils.
- If you do not have access to Siete Grain Free chips, you can opt for standard corn tortilla chips.
- Regular Mexican shredded cheese can be swapped for a dairy-free alternative.
Approximately 332 calories per serving (using 99/1 lean ground turkey).
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Calories calculated via MyFitnessPal.