- 14 ounces chicken breakfast sausage
- 1 sweet white onion, diced
- 8 organic whole eggs + 4 egg whites
- 6 ounces Kite Hill Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños, sliced
- Toppings: green onions, salsa, sour cream
- saute pan
- mixing bowl
- 9 x 13 casserole dish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook the sausage and onions in a sauté pan over medium-high heat until cooked, breaking the sausage into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour into a coated 9×13 inch baking pan. Bake until the eggs are set and the top is lightly golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool a bit before slicing and serving.
- Substitute the 365 Everyday Value chicken sausage with ground turkey, chicken or chorizo.
- Substitute Kite Hill cream cheese for Neufchatel or cottage cheese.
- Training days: serve with salsa and black beans or rice
- Rest days: top with avocado
- Sneak more veggies in like red bell pepper, spinach or tomatoes.
- Reheat in microwave in 30 sec increments. Lasts in refrigerator up to 4 days.
- For more protein or calories, divide into 4 servings not 6.
Approximately 266 calories per serving not including toppings.
~ 1 palm protein, 3 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.