- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, tenders or thighs
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Braggs or coconut liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon of each: cumin, chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano & salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- for serving: 2 pita breads, romaine, tomatoes, onions, tzatziki or hummus
- large mixing bowl
- non-stick skillet
- Dice chicken into 1″ cubes and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the aminos and seasonings to the chicken and combine well.
- Add olive oil to a non-stick skillet and bring to medium heat.
- Transfer seasoned chicken to skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking prep your pita pockets. Cut pita’s in half and stuff with romaine, red onion, tomatoes and dressing of choice.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, transfer to a meal prep container or serve immediately. It’s best to store the chicken separately from the pita so it doesn’t get soggy.
- For an even tastier flavor profile, allow the chicken breast to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- I used BFREE gluten-free stone-baked pita.
- Additional toppings include feta, olives, artichokes and spinach.
- For rest days, simply serve chicken over a leafy green salad with all of the accompaniments!
Approximately 270 calories per 1/2 pita (including 4 oz. chicken breast, 1 tbsp hummus, red onion, tomato, romaine)
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free