- 1 packet frozen unsweetened açaí
- 2 tablespoons unflavored collagen powder
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries or strawberries
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- sweetener of choice - stevia or monk fruit
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup paleo low carb granola
- optional toppings: chia seeds, flaxseed, sliced coconut
- high speed blender
- De-thaw the frozen açaí, cut into chucks and add to the blender along with the collagen powder and 1/2 cup frozen berries.
- Add 1/2 cup + almond milk, sweetener and a handful of baby spinach. And more liquid as you see fit.
- Pop on the lid and let it go. It should be thick and creamy enough to eat by the spoon.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and top with the granola along with your favorite berries or seeds.
- I highly suggest you use a collagen powder like this, because it blends very well and has so many other nutritional benefits!
- If you desire more fat and fewer carbs, sub the berries for frozen avocado chunks! It makes for an extremely creamy texture. Or you can add 1/4 cup canned coconut milk.
- If you’re not a fan of stevia or monkfruit, you can always add unfiltered organic honey or more berries for sweetness.
- If you are using a powdered unsweetened açaí, then you will likely need less liquid. But its all in how you like it!
Where to find açaí?
You can now find frozen packets in many grocery stores in the frozen section next to the frozen fruits. When choosing, make sure that the only ingredient is açaí with zero added sugars. So it should say unsweetened.
Approximately 300 calories per bowl
~1 palm protein, 1 fist carbs, 2 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free