- cooking base - 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter) or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium red or white onion, chopped
- 1 lb. grass-fed lean ground beef or pasture-raised lean ground turkey
- 6 oz. can organic tomato paste, no salt added (bra free)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-4 tbsp organic dill pickles, chopped
- 1 heaping tbsp regular or stone ground mustard - add more if you're a mustard fan
- salt & pepper to taste
- Leafy greens of choice ~ I used romaine & spinach
- Optional Toppings: raw sharp cheddar or goat cheese, avocado, cherry tomatoes, olives
- large non-stick skillet or cast iron
- cutting board
- large serving plate or bowl
- Add your cooking base to the large skillet and turn to medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onions. Cook until fragrant (about 3-4 minutes) and onions are translucent.
- Add the lean ground beef (or turkey).
- Once meat is fully cooked, turn heat to low/simmer, then add the tomato paste, water, pickles and mustard. Mix until well combined. Your consistency should begin to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to your liking then remove from the heat. Allow the meat mixture to cool for few minutes before placing it over your leafy salad.
- Grab your large plate or bowl and layer your greens, meat & toppings of choice!
Rest day: load up the avocado, cheese and olives
Training day: easy on the avocado, and serve with side of sweet potatoes (fries)
Approximately 265 calories
(~ 1 palm protein, 1/2 fist carbs, 1 thumb fat)
Calories may vary depending on the brands of ingredients and substitutions.