- 1/2 super ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 egg white - optional
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 tablesoon tigernut flour or almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons Lily's chocolate baking chips
- microwave safe mug
- whisk or fork
- In a microwave-safe mug add the banana and mash it until smooth. Then add the applesauce, non-dairy milk, egg white (optional) and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Then add the coconut flour, tigernut flour and baking soda. Combine well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave mug cake for 60 seconds. If the top is still wet, microwave for no more than 30 more seconds.
- Allow to cool slightly, then enjoy!
- For a “complete” meal – add 1 scoop of protein powder of choice. You will need to add more liquid.
- Substitute chocolate chips for 1/4 cup blueberries.
- Substitute applesauce for 1 whole egg.
- Additional flavorings include cinnamon or pumpkin spice powder.
- Divide into 2 smaller microwave safe dishes and share the love. Reduce microwave time to 1 minute.
- If your banana isn’t ripe, add 1 teaspoon sweetener like stevia or monk fruit.
Approximately 192 calories per mug cake (with egg white)
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan optional