- 1/2 pound wild caught large shrimp, peeled and deveined (~12 shrimp)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- cabbage or lettuce leafs
- toppings - avocado, parsley, tomatoes
- 2 mixing bowls
- baking sheet
- Shrimp: Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; pat dry. In a resealable plastic bag combine, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chipotle chili powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat shrimp; chill 15-30 minutes.
- Sauce: In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup sour cream, juice of 1 lime, 1/4 tsp chipotle pepper and 1/4 tsp salt; mix and set aside. Adjust the consistency by adding more lime (too thick) or more sour cream (too runny).
- Slaw: In a larger bowl combine the shredded cabbage and 3/4 of the sauce mixture. Leaving some for the topping.
- Remove shrimp from marinade; thread 3-4 shrimp onto each of 3 (8-inch) wooden or metal skewers. Place skewers on a sheet pan coated with cooking spray; top with any remaining marinade. Broil 5 inches from heat for 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
- To serve begin with a cabbage leaf or lettuce wrap, then add 1/2 lime slaw and shrimp. Sprinkle with your favorite toppings and top it all off with the remaining sauce and lime wedges.
Training Day: swap the lettuce wrap for a Siete Almond Flour tortilla
If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes before using.
Approximately 265 calories per wrap (sauce included)
~ 1 palm protein, 2 thumbs fat
Calories and macros will vary based brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Customizable to Ketogenic, Pescatarian, Gluten Free & Lactose Free Lifestyles.