- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed, skins removed
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons mayo of choice
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon spicy or dijon mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper
- for serving: gluten free bread, lettuce cups, tomato slices, avocado
- medium bowl
- In a medium, mash the chickpeas using a fork or the bottom of a cup until you get a broken or chunky consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Training Day: Serve atop a slice of gluten-free bread and a tomato slice. Vegan bread available here.
Rest Day: Serve in over a bed of greens or in a lettuce cup and add avocado slices.
Approximately 226 calories per serving (bread not included).
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free