- *3 Dave's Killer EPIC Everything bagels, bite-size pieces
- *4 ounces cooked Pederson Farm's sausage links, sliced
- 2/3 cup aged or sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- *3 whole eggs + 3 egg whites, whisked
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- *4 ounces cream cheese
- Trader Joes Everything but the Bagel Sesame Blend
- *substitutions listed below
- 8" x 8" or 9" x 12" casserole dish
- baking sheet
- If you’re using fresh bagels DON’T SKIP THIS STEP: Spread the bagel pieces out in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes on 300 F, until browned and crisp.
- Lightly coat your casserole dish with baking spray. Scatter the toasted bagel pieces into the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Then scatter the cooked sausage (bacon or ham) over the top of the bagels.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper until smooth. Pour the egg mixture over the bagels, then lightly press down on the bagels so that they absorb some of the egg. Add teaspoon-size dollops of cream cheese. Add the remaining cheese (optional). Cover the casserole tightly with plastic or foil and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, remove the casserole from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature while the oven preheats to 350F. Cover with foil and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, discard the foil, then return to the oven and continue baking for 10-15 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the center is set (eggs are cooked). Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Top with fresh chives and Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Blend.
- To freeze: Fully bake the casserole, allow it to cool and cover tightly. When ready to serve, let it thaw out overnight in the refrigerator, then reheat, covered, on 350 F until warm.
*Bagels can be plain, honey wheat whole wheat, etc. You can also experiment with Ezekiel bread because it is much denser than regular breads.
*Sausage can be swapped for ham or bacon.
*You can use whole eggs entirely.
*I used Green Valley lactose-free cream cheese! You can also use a reduced fat cream cheese.
Approximately 260 calories
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.