- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced (red, orange or yellow)
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- optional garnish - feta cheese
- large salad bowl
- small mixing bowl
- whisk or fork
- Pour the olive oil and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper and whisk to combine all the ingredients.
- Give it a taste test and make any adjustments. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl mix together the arugula, bell pepper, cucumber and blackberries.
- Just before serving, add the walnuts and vinaigrette and toss until all the ingredients are coated.
- Optional – garnish with feta cheese.
- To boost protein: add cooked chicken breast, shrimp, steak or tempeh
- To boost fat: add avocado, more olive oil or more walnuts
- To boost carbs: add more blackberries
- For quality – opt for organic arugula, bell peppers, cucumbers & blackberries
Approximately 275 calories per entire serving (feta not included).
~1/4 palm protein, 1/4 fist carbs, 3 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Approved for Vegan, Vegetarian, Whole 30, Paleo, Ketogenic & Gluten Free Lifestyles.