- 1/4 cup Siggi's or Icelandic plain yogurt (1/2 small container)
- 2 tablespoons sweet thai chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon green onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1/2 pound shrimp (raw or cooked - peeled and deveined)
- 4 gluten free corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- small mixing bowl
- cast iron or non-stick skillet
- baking sheet (oven method)
In a mixing bowl combine the yogurt, sweet thai chili sauce, green onions and sriracha. Whisk until well combined. Give a taste and if you need more spice, just add more sriracha. For a thicker sauce add 1 tablespoon of mayo. Set aside.
- Raw shrimp – Heat cast-iron skillet on high heat for 2 minutes. Add 1 tbsp olive oil (or butter) and shrimp. Turn heat down to medium and high and cook shrimp until they are pink and cooked through (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Cooked (dethawed) shrimp) – only cook until warmed through.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Raw shrimp – place shrimp on skewers and bake for 12 minutes (flipping halfway through). Cooked (dethawed) shrimp – place shrimp on skewers and bake for 5-8 minutes until warmed through.
- For a golden crust broil on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Brush cooked shrimp with the marinade.
- Prepare your tortillas to your liking. I toasted them on high heat with zero oil or spray in my cast iron.
- Layer your tacos and enjoy!
Approximately 250 calories using Mission corn tortillas
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.