- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins collagen powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 medium apple, grated ~ 3/4 cup
- *1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup Swerve brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- add-ins: dried cranberries, blueberries, chocolate chips, walnuts
- large mixing bowl
- 12-ct muffin tin
- Optional – Prepare Crumble Topping: 2 tbsp softened butter + 1/2 tsp cinnamon + 1/4 cup powdered sweetener + 1/4 cup *tigernut flour. In a small bowl toss together until crumbly; set aside. *Tigernut flour can be subbed for almond flour or all-purpose flour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix dry ingredients until smooth. Add the wet ingredients.
- Fill each muffin holder 3/4 to the top. Then spoon over the topping.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- 1 Egg white can be substituted for “chia egg” – 1 tbsp chia seeds + 2.5 tbsp water
- Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store in these BPA FREE and freezer safe storage bags! Option to store in the freezer up to 3 months in the same bags.
Approximately 95 calories per muffin (including crumble topping + collagen)
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Calories calculated via MyFitness Pal.