- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup gluten free panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worchestershire sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons dijon mustard (sub for stoneground)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or braggs liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- for serving: low carb burger buns, lettuce, tomato, onion, vegan mayo
- food processor
- air fryer or non-stick skillet
Air Fryer method:
- Add the onions, chickpeas, walnuts, panko, flaxseed, garlic, vegan Worchestershire, dijon, aminos, paprika and pepper to the food processor.
- Pulse until the ingredients are finely chopped and well-blended. The mixture should hold together; pulse a few more times if it seems too crumbly. Form into 6 patties.
- Lightly coat with avocado spray and Air Fry at 360F for 8 minutes.
Follow steps 1 & 2 from above.
3. Lightly coat a large skillet with avocado spray and turn to medium heat. Place the burgers on the skillet and cook them until they’re browned on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the opposite sides, about 4 minutes more.
Training Day: Serve between Smart Baking Co. low carb burger buns (10% off coupon code: ninanyiri). Top with dijon, lettuce, tomato and onion.
Rest Day: Serve topless or in a lettuce wrap with vegan mayo, lettuce, tomato and onion
Approximately 292 calories for 1 patty and Smart Baking low carb burger bun (toppings not included).
~1 palm protein, 1 fist carbs, 2 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free