- 3 (6-ounce) cans wild alaskan salmon, boneless & skinless, drained
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- medium mixing bowl
- air fryer
- Combine all ingredients in your mixing bowl.
- Using a 1/4 cup measurer, form 8 patties.
- Carefully place 1/2 the patties into the air fryer basket. Cakes will have to be done in 2 batches so don’t try to cram them in the air fryer.
- Set the air fryer on 400 F for 8 minutes (I did not flip them). Using a flat spatula, carefully remove from the air fryer as they will be super hot.
- Optional – For a golden crust add olive oil spray to a non-stick skillet and bring to medium heat. Place the fried cakes on the pan for 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Serve over a bed of greens with a ready-made tzatziki sauce. For training days, serve with basmati or jasmine rice.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place on baking tray and spray lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 15 mins.
- To ensure cakes are cooked evenly, make sure to portion out equally and make them same size.
- Can sub almond flour for panko bread crumbs
- Can sub egg for a flax egg: 1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water
- Can sub salmon for tuna or sardines (in water)
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Low Carb, Gluten Free, Dairy Free