- 1/2 cup paleo mayo (Primal Kitchen avocado mayo)
- 2 tablespoons yellow or stoneground mustard
- 1 tablespoon unfiltered organic honey
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (sub for fresh lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs or panko
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill arrowroot starch/flour
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound organic chicken tenders
- organic olive oil spray
- 5.5 to 5.8-qt Air Fryer
- Paleo Honey Mustard: combine mayo, mustard, honey and vinegar. Whisk until well-combined. Allow to chill in the refrigerator so the flavors can come together.
- Coating: In a medium mixing bowl add the panko, arrowroot flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Mix well.
- Using tongs, coat each tender on both sides and place in the air fryer basket. (If you double the recipe, you will likely need to do this in 2 batches). Make sure the tenders aren’t overlapping or sitting on top of each other (this will compromise the crispiness). Lightly coat with olive oil spray.
- Set air fryer to 360F and 10 minutes. Watch the clock because at 5 minutes you will need to give the tenders a flip. Resume cooking for another 5 minutes. Repeat the process if you have more tenders.
Training Day: serve with brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes
Rest Day: serve over a leafy green salad or with green beans
Complete Paleo version: use almond flour or coconut flour instead of Panko/breadcrumbs or you can try these chickpea crumbs.
Approximately 220 calories per serving (4 ounces of tenders and 1 tbsp homemade honey mustard)
~ 1 palm protein, 3/4 fist carbs, 1 thumb fat
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions, and serving size.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free