- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers
- *1 sweet vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- *1 tablespoon minced garlic
- *optional - 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 4 ounces pasta of choice
- *substitutions list below
- sheet pan
- food processor or high-speed blender
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Roughly chop the tomatoes, bell peppers and onion into 1-inch chunks and lay on a flat sheet pan (option to use parchment paper). Roast for 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Add all the roasted vegetables to a blender with garlic, balsamic vinegar and nutritional yeast. Blend until completely smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and drain. Add back into the saucepan and add about 1 cup pasta sauce. Mix until pasta is fully covered. Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
- Store leftover sauce in a glass container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- nutritional yeast can be subbed for parmesan
- yellow onion can be subbed for red onion
- minced garlic can be subbed for 1 clove garlic
Approximately 226 calories per serving (2 ounces cooked Banza rotini + 1/2 cup pasta sauce)
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free