- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup organic pumpkin (~200 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Sauce: 1 cup berry medley (frozen), 1 teaspoon Lakanto sweetener, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl whisk 4 egg whites (or whole eggs) until partially fluffy.
- Add 1 cup pumpkin puree and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Add 1/4 cup coconut flour, 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and a pinch of salt. Continue whisking until batter is smooth and thick.
- Heat a non-stick skillet with coconut oil spray (or 1/2 tsp butter) over medium heat. Using a 1/4 scoop measurer, ladle pancakes and flatten the tops with your finger or spatula (3 medium-sized pancakes fit on my skillet).
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side. Work in 2 batches. (My batch made 6 medium-sized pancakes).
Triple Berry Sauce:
- In a small saucepan add 1 cup frozen berries, 1 tsp Lakanto monk fruit sweetener and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until berries are tender and juicy and sauce has thickened, approx 6-8 minutes.
- Keep warm while you make the pancakes.
- Egg whites can be swapped for whole eggs or a mixture of both.
- Pumpkin can be swapped for ripe mashed banana, cooked sweet potato or butternut squash.
- Pumpkin spice can be swapped for just cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Triple Berry sauce can be swapped for just one berry of choice. Frozen recommended.
- Lakanto monk fruit sweetener can be swapped for honey, maple syrup or stevia.
- For more protein – simply add 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder or collagen powder.
Approximately 180 calories per serving with Triple Berry sauce (8 grams fiber)
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free