- 1 pound chicken tenders (sub for chicken breast)
- 1/2 cup Trader Joes Vegan Kale Cashew Pesto
- 1/2 cup organic shredded mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- 9 x 12 casserole dish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Coat a 9″ x 12″ (or 8.5″ X 12.5″) baking dish with non-stick spray, then spread 1/4 cup basil pesto over the bottom of the dish. Lay chicken strips over the pesto, then spread 1/4 cup more basil pesto over the chicken.
- Cover the baking dish with lid or aluminum foil and bake the chicken for 25 minutes, just until chicken is barely firm and cooked through.
- Remove foil/lid and sprinkle chicken with 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese. Put dish back into the oven (can remove foil/lid) and cook for another 3-5 minutes, just until cheese is melted.
- For that golden color, change the oven to broil and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Watch it carefully!
- Serve over Spaghetti Squash or cauliflower rice.
Training day – serve over chickpea or lentil pasta.
If you are lactose intolerant – try Trader Joe’s almond-based mozzarella or Daiya shreds.
To watch the cooking tutorial – click here
Approximately 250 calories per serving (sides not included)
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving sizes.
Low Carb, Ketogenic, Gluten Free