- 4 oz. organic and gluten free rigatoni, measured dry
- 14 oz. 365 mild italian chicken sausage
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 4 cups kale, stemmed and chopped
- garnishes: parmesan cheese, red chili flakes
- In large skillet on medium heat add sausage; cook, breaking up with spoon, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add broth and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced by one-third, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and cook until heated through, 2 minutes. Stir in kale and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook rigatoni as label directs.
To reduce Carbs:
Sub Whole Foods Mild Italian Chicken Sausage for lean ground chicken or lean ground turkey
Sub chicken sausage for Field Roast meat-free spicy sausage (Publix, Sprouts, Whole Foods)
Approximately 365 calories per serving (using organic pasta)