💁🏻♀️Here’s your #NOEXCUSES solution to Meal Prep! I really mean it ya’ll! ⏰In less than 20 minutes you can knock out 4 meals for the week… yep.
I am falling more in love 😍 with no-cook lunchboxes because they are super easy to prep, you don’t need any heavy-duty kitchen utensils and they are great to grab-n-go! Not to mention – you are going to save MONEY and have FULL CONTROL of what goes in your body 👌🏼 .
✅ Each of these boxes are customizable to your dietary lifestyle, are well-balanced and are even great for the kiddos!
What you’ll need:
- 3-compartment glass storage containers. Having compartments are great because you can keep your dry ingredients separate from the wet, keeping them from getting soggy.
- You can also purchase these silicone cups for your dressings to save yourself some clean-up time. They can be re-used, are freezer friendly and microwave safe.
Serving sizes and Portions:
- All bento boxes below have 4 main ingredients and make 2 lunches/dinners for the week. The ingredients listed below are portioned equally into each bento box. So if you need 3 or more meals, simply purchase more.
- To make these custom to your dietary needs, pre-plug the ingredients into your food diary to see how they line up with your recommended macros. But if you don’t track and prefer to use intuitive eating, remember the “hand method”: 1 serving protein = meaty palm of hand, 1 serving carbs = fist, 1 serving fat = 2 thumbs
- All bento boxes can be enjoyed on a “Training” or “Rest” Day!
Greek Pita Bento Box
5 ounces Chicken or Turkey – I used nitrate-free and uncured turkeys slices. You can swap them for low-sodium ham or a vegan option.
Greek Salad – 1 Cucumber, 1/2 cup Tomatoes, 1/4 cup olives, tbsp feta
1/4 cup Tzatziki – I purchased a store-bought yogurt to save time (using greek yogurt), but you could always make your own: 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cucumber – shredded, 1/4 tsp of each: dill, onion powder, garlic powder, tsp salt
2 Pitas – I used organic whole grain pita bread and quartered it. Just add more pieces if it’s your training day.
🔑 Tip: Pita’s taste even better toasted. And because you will likely have to purchase an entire bag, just store the remaining pitas in an air-tight container in the freezer.
Eggs & Hummus Bento Box
4 Hard-boiled eggs: I added a leafy green base topped with granola for some extra flavor.
2-3 Baby Bell Peppers: these are a great vessel for 2 tbsp of hummus or guacamole
2 servings Gluten-free or lentil crackers of choice.
🔑 Tip: Keep the crackers in the box until you’re ready to pack up and go. They can get a little stale if left in the refrigerator.
🔑 Tip: For more protein, toss in another egg white or wild smoked salmon.
Breakfast Parfait Bento Box
1 – 5.3 ounce container Sigis plain yogurt: use the silicone mold for less clean up and top with fresh kiwi or mandarin.
🔑 Tip: Sub the protein bar for 1/2 scoop of flavored protein powder
2 cups organic berries of choice
1/2 cup roasted almonds or sub for 2 tbsp nut butter
Tuna Salad Bento Box
Tuna Salad: 1 – 6 ounce can of wild caught tuna, 1/4 cup diced cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cup diced marinated artichokes, 1/2 chopped celery stalk, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp salt + pepper
1/2 cup pickled beets
🔑 Tip: Sub beets for a gluten-free wrap or black beans if it’s a training day
2-3 organic carrots, sliced and quartered
1/2 cup walnuts