- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb. organic lean ground chicken
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 1 organic red bell pepper, diced
- 2 small organic sweet potatoes ~ 2 cups, diced
- Himalayan salt & pepper to taste
- pinch of red chili pepper flakes
- Optional garnishes - goat's cheddar cheese, green onions, olives, avocado
- large non-stick skillet or cast iron and lid
- cutting board
- wooden mixing spoon
- In your skillet, heat avocado oil over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and ground chicken. Using your wooden spoon, break up the chicken while it cooks. Stir occasionally and cook for about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the diced onions and red pepper and cook until onions soften.
- Add the diced sweet potato, chili pepper, salt and pepper.
- Cover the skillet and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender. (This took about 8 minutes on medium heat). Don’t forget to stir occasionally!
- Remove the skillet from the heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Optional – add shredded cheese while the skillet is cooling so it melts nicely.
Training day: Enjoy as is.
Rest day: Consume less sweet potatoes and throw on that avocado!
Approximately 275 calories
~ 1 palm protein, 1 fist carbs & 1 thumb fat
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients and substitutions.