- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 large free whole range eggs
- 2 egg whites (save the yolks for another time)
- 1-2 cups organic spinach
- 1/4 sweet vidalia onions, sliced
- cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, smashed
- spices - sea salt & pepper
- 1 medium to large non-stick skillet
- small bowl
- Crack the 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites into a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk with a fork until well blended.
- Turn skillet to medium heat and add avocado oil.
- Add the sliced onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they become translucent. Toss in the spinach and mix. Sauté for 1 minute until the spinach is slightly wilted. Set aside on a separate plate.
- In the same skillet, add the egg mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes until the edges have turned golden brown. This is normally the green light to flip it over. Carefully flip over and cook for 2-3 minutes. Time will vary depending on how “done” you like your eggs.
- Grab a plate and transfer the cooked omelet. Place the cooked spinach and onions on half of the omelet. Fold the other omelet half over the veggies and press down to keep it shut… it’s OK if it doesn’t stay shut. It will still taste great!
- Top with the smashed avocado and tomatoes! Enjoy!
Workout day: use only 1 whole egg or omit the avocado oil. Serve with diced sweet potatoes or shredded Brussel sprouts.
Rest day: serve a la carte or add nitrate free bacon.
Approximately 415 calories per serving.
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients and substitutions.
Approved for Vegetarian, Ketogenic, Dairy Free & Gluten Free lifestyles.