- 4 cups cauliflower florets - may sub 1/2 for broccoli florets
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper - optional, chopped
- 1/4 cup water - more if needed
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- garnishes - vegan parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, nitrate free bacon pieces
- medium boiling pot
- non-stick skillet - optional
- high speed blender or food processor
- mixing bowl
- Fill a large pot with water, and bring to a boil. Add in the florets. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until softened. Drain, and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- OPTIONAL STEP – Sauté chopped red bell peppers in a non-stick skillet. Once they’re cooked, transfer to bowl with cooked veggies.
- In your high speed blender, add in the olive oil, cashew butter, water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Process/blend until smooth. If consistency is too thick, carefully add in a tsp of water at a time.
- Add the cheese sauce to the cooked veggies and mix well.
- Optional – Serve with a sprinkle of vegan parmesan cheese and some smoked paprika.
Rest Day: Enjoy with a leaner protein like wild-caught shrimp or lean ground turkey.
*Florets can be chopped into smaller pieces, depending on how you like them!
*I used this Nutritional Yeast – You can normally find this in the baking section at your local market. And if you have never used these flakes before, let’s just say it’s like Parmesan without being Parmesan!
Approximately 220 calories per serving
~ 1/4 palm protein, 1/4 fist carbs, 3 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients and substitutions.
Approved for Ketogenic, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian & Low Carb lifestyles.