- 2 whole eggs
- pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) or avocado oil
- 4 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- garlic salt
- 1.5 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons guacamole (sub for mashed avocado)
- 2 tablespoons organic salsa - optional
- garnish - green onions, "Everything But the Bagel" seasoning blend
- In small bowl, whisk eggs with pepper then set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms then saute until they release their water. After the water has cooked off, season mushrooms with garlic salt, then saute until golden brown.
- Add riced cauliflower to the skillet and season with 1 more pinch of garlic salt and pepper, then saute until crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach to the skillet. Saute until spinach is barely wilted (about 30 seconds) then add whisked eggs and scramble. For my non-vegetarians, you can now add bacon or lean breakfast sausage.
- Remove from the heat and scoop mixture into a bowl. Then top with guacamole and salsa and garnish with green onions and Trader Joes Everything but the Bagel seasoning blend.
Avocado – if you don’t eat avocado often, try using wholly guacamole individual packs!
Cauliflower – set aside 10 minutes the night before to prepare your riced cauliflower. That way you can just toss it in the microwave for a minute and you can skip step 3!
Training day – this would also taste great with sautéed red onions and peppers. And if you’ve got some starchy root vegetables on hand like sweet potato or butternut squash, add it in!
Approximately 330 calories for entire serving (not including additional proteins)
~ 1 palm protein, 1/2 fist carbs, 2 thumbs fat
Calories and macros will vary based on any additions. They will also vary depending on brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Customizable to Paleo, Vegetarian, Gluten Free & Dairy Free Lifestyles.