- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peel & diced
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 4 cups organic low sodium chicken stock
- 3 slices nitrate free bacon, no sugar added
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cayenne - optional
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- fresh parley, diced - for topping
- large boiling pot
- hand held immersion blender or food processor
- small cup
- Turn large pot to medium heat and add bacon slices. Cook until well done and transfer to your plate lined with a paper towel. Reserve 2 tbsp of the remaining fat in small cup and set off to the side.
- In the same pot, add the diced onions and cook for approx. 5-6 minutes until they are slightly softened and transparent. Proceed to add the garlic and cook for only 1-2 minutes until garlic becomes fragrant. Careful not to burn! Add cinnamon, cayenne, salt & pepper. Mix well until spices are blended.
- Turn heat to med-high heat and add the diced sweet potatoes and chicken stock. Allow the mixture to come to a boil then reduce the heat to low/simmer. Cook for 25-30 minutes (stirring occasionally) until sweet potatoes are tender enough to break apart with a spatula.
- Once sweet potatoes are ready, add the lime juice. If you’re using a handheld immersion blender, blend until entire batch is silky smooth. If you’re using a food processor you will have to transfer the soup in batches. Let cool and devour!
Approximately 120 calories per serving
~ 1 fist carbs
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients and substitutions.
Approved for Whole 30, Paleo, Gluten Free & Dairy Free lifestyles.