- 1/4 cup gluten free pretzel sticks
- 1 tbsp grassfed butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener - stevia, xylitol or monk fruit
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup non-dairy whipped cream
- 1/2 cup organic strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 1/4 cup organic blueberries - optional
- large coffee mug or ramekin
- 2 - 16 oz (500 ml) mason jars
- Ziploc bag
- Place pretzel sticks in a Ziploc bag and seal. Crush into pieces and set aside – do not over crush because it can easily turn into a flour – and we want some crunch!
- Melt the butter/ghee in a large coffeemug or ramekin in the microwave (about 30 seconds). Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, sea salt, and egg. Gently stir until well combined. Smooth out the batter with the back of a spoon.
- Microwave for 90 seconds until firm to touch (may need to stop 1/2 way through to prevent the batter from over flowing. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Run a knife along the edge and flip over a plate or paper towel to release. Cut the cake into cubes – they don’t have to be perfect.
- Assembly: Place 1/4 of the cake cubes at the bottom of the mason jar. Top with 1/4 of the sliced strawberries, 1/4 of the blueberries, 1/4 of the whipped cream and 1/4 of the crushed pretzels. Repeat the layers of cake, berries, whipped cream, and pretzels. You can always switch the order if you want you whipped cream on top of the cake.
Approximately 265 calories per 1 jar (net carbs 19 grams)
~ 1 fist carbs, 2 thumbs fat
Calories and macros will vary based on brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Approved for Vegetarian, Gluten Free & Dairy Free Lifestyles.