- 1/4 cup avocado mayo
- 1 tablespoon spicy or yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon organic ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dill relish
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 pound grass fed ground bison, beef, turkey or chicken
- 1 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil
- butter lettuce leaves
- organic cheese slices
- medium mixing bowl
- large non-stick skillet
- Sauce: in a mixing bowl combine the mayo, mustard, ketchup, relish, apple cider vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Form ground beef into 4 patties and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add avocado oil or ghee. Add the patties and cook until burgers are seared on each side (about 4-5 minutes for medium). Optional – top with cheese during the last minute of cooking.
Training Day – serve between sweet potato buns (check out this recipe)
Rest Day – serve in a lettuce wrap and top with avocado slices
Approximately 370 calories per serving (using ground bison with 1/2 slice Organic Valley cheddar slice)
~ 1 palm protein, 3 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Approved for Ketogenic, Gluten Free & Grain Free Lifestyles.