- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1/3 cup cup granulated sweetener (Swerve), divided
- 1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup grass-fed butter, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 cup pecan halves, lightly toasted
- 2 ounces Lily's Dark Chocolate, chopped
- food processor
- medium saucepan
- 9 x 9 baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a food processor, combine the almond flour, 1/4 cup sweetener, and salt. Pulse a few times until mixture is well combined.
- Dice 1/4 cup butter into pieces, add to the processor and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press the crust into the bottom of a 9×9 inch pan and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are just turning golden.
While the crust is baking, make the Pecan Pie Filling:
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt 1/2 cup butter. Add in 1/3 cup sweetener and 1/3 cup maple syrup. Whisk until well combined. Remove from heat immediately.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract and whipping cream. Then add the eggs and salt and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Scatter the toasted pecans and chopped chocolate on the crust and pour the filling on top of everything.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the filling is mostly set and the edges turn golden brown.
- Remove and let cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cutting the bars.
Approximately 225 calories
~1/4 fist carbs, 3 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients and substitutions.
Approved for Ketogenic, Gluten Free & Vegetarian lifestyles.